Thursday, August 11, 2011

Skyrim Excitement

So I can't speak accurately on the quality of this game, but I'm definitely excited to see the advancements forthcoming in the fifth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

I'm very pleased that the province of Skyrim, a vaguely Norse themed realm in the far north, was left until now to play with. Morrowind was not a good game by any stretch of the imagination, even in its time it was harshly criticized for being improperly lighted, clunky and obtusely designed. The characters and lore were impenetrable, and only die-hard fans of the epic fantasy genre were really pleased with it. Oblivion was a masterpiece in its time, released on the next gen systems, its expansive open world gameplay, engaging storyline, and dynamic interactions were fun to play for hours.

At least that's how I remember it. So I'm going back to play Oblivion, rack up all those Achievements I missed the first couple times, and get back into the Elder Scrolls universe in preparation for Skyrim's release.

----------
If you want to check out Skyrim's trailers and a couple IGN interviews with the Game Director, Todd Howard, here you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment